Monday, April 21, 2008

Yipee-yah-Ky-A Girlfriend

Hello! I hope you had a wonderful day!

Here I am....back so soon! Made it to bed at 2:00AM and was up again at 6:30AM. In case you wonder what would make someone stay up all night...I can tell you in one word - MENOPAUSE. Man, mother never told me about this. I am hot most of the time and experience insomnia frequently. This goes on for several days, then suddenly I crash and sleep for hours. I am looking forward to the day when I am back to normal...whatever that is.



I hadn't stamped for a week or so and decided to dig back in yesterday but my creative juices just wouldn't flow. So I pulled out a set of stamps and hit the Internet looking for a card I liked to make. I chose MFT's "Ride em Cowgirl". A variation of this card is on their gallery. This card required a little prep and quite a bit of cutting due to the layers. But at the end of the day, I really liked the end product. I didn't have the paisley designer paper, so I created the background from SU's Wanted set. To do this I stamped the paisley design and one of the small circular stars with Versamark then embossed with black embossing powder. When that was cooled (seconds) I stamped again with Versamark, then used white embossing powder. Really created that western look I wanted. More dumb luck as I just so happened to have red and black "Cowgirl" ribbon in my stash. And of course, I used two way glue and glitter on the center of her boots and the fringe of her skirt.

Each layer on the card is 1/4 inch different in size. Imagine is:
Bottom layer (white) 2 3/8 X 3 1/8
Black layer 2 2/8 X 3
Sky Blue layer 2 1/8 X 2 7/8
Red layer 2 X 2 6/8
Image 1 7/8 X 2 5/8

Back ground
Black 5 1/4 X 4 1/4
Blue 5 X 4

Paisley DP 2 1/2 X 2 6/8

Cut the small vertical strips 1/8 X 2 6/8

Tip....cut your paper before beginning the card, it makes this card much easier to make and a lot more fun.

Click on the image to get a closer look.

Blessings!


Teresa

No comments: