Friday, April 25, 2008

Star Spangled Summer?


Two posts in one day, wow, that is a first. I wanted to post a new card today. Had no plan when I began, just rummaged through my stamps and pulled out Penny Black's "Burst of Stars". This card turned out quite surprisingly, it looks kinda like an Independence Day card meets Ho Ho Ho. Not sure what to make of it....what do you think?
The image was stamped with black VersaFine Onyx Black ink, then embossed with clear embossing powder. Then the outer bloom was gone over with an embossing pen, then embossed with red embossing powder, the inner bloom was traced with an embossing pen then embossed with blue embossing powder, the streamers and stem were embossed with gold, the leaves were embossed with green. I tried a brayer, first time, so be gentle with me, used SU Wild Wasibi on the bottom, masked the green with a post-it, then used SU Sky Blue on the top. That is the image. I dug the designer paper out of my stash, the strip is daisyd's Sugarplum Stripe, yep Christmas paper, but it worked...kinda. The upper solid green is a generic paper I found at Michaels. I dry embossed the background with Cuttlebug's Birds and Swirls embossing folder. It is exactly what you may be thinking....an embossing frenzy.
Embellished with red brads. Nothing else here. Not one of my favorite cards...maybe things will look better AFTER the vacation! I can't wait.
I fly out in the morning, still haven't packed. Not really utilizing my time very well. I better get cracking....have a great weekend!
See ya in a few days!
Teresa

No comments: