Thursday, August 14, 2008

Let's Go Sailing

I made this card for my husband...I bought the SU set "Winds of Grace" especially for him. He loves sail boats, we used to have an 18 foot Hobie catamaran, the colors of the sail were the same as the sky in this card...it was beautiful. We competed in the Indianapolis State Park Games and placed second twice...really wanted to win but it wasn't to be. Back to the card....

I stamped the boat with VersaMark then heat embossed with clear embossing powder. Punched out a 1 3/8 circle onto a Post It Note, stuck it where you see the sun. I used two Multi Color ink pads...the sky is Kaleidacolor Pastel, the water is Kaleidacolor Caribbean Sea. I brayered the sky first (with Post It Note in place). Placed a full sheet Post It Note on the newly brayered sky, then brayered the water. I layerd the image with Bazille paper, one is a pale yellow, navy blue, and a shimmery blue. Used SU HodgePodge and SU's beautiful but retired Bluebird grosgrain ribbon.

The inside sentiment reads, "The winds of grace are always blowing but is it ours to set the sails". That sentiment speaks to my heart, I really love it.

Blessings and good night.

Teresa

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You go girl. This is the greatest. You are getting right on up there with that brayer. Glinda