Monday, March 23, 2009

Painting class

It has been a while since my last post, really have been very busy then under the weather. Still not feeling very well, residual weakness after being sick. Hope it doesn't take very long to rebound, I really need to be able to push through.

Several posts ago I mentioned attending a class at a quaint little shop called "That Cute Little Shop". It is located on Kentucky Avenue, owned and operated by Terry. Terry is very talented and a patient instructor.

This is the first thing I've ever painted, so be kind....ta da! This is a canvas with an acrylic painted cardinal. I think I'm ahead of the game because you can actually tell it is a cardinal. The background was very difficult. I'm told it would have been easier to blend if we had used oil based paint, still worth the experience.

Cards coming soon.

No comments: