Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Faith based scrapbooking

Hello once again! I have done something new (for me)...I attended a scrapbooking class this weekend and created four scrapbooking pages (8 X 8). I didn't find it very difficult....what do you think?

This is my first attempt at scrapbooking. The papers used are Basic Grey's Mellow collection. Lots of earthtones. I can't believe I was actually sewing the buttons and green stitching (way not my thing), but I did and actually found it ok.
The word HOME is strips of left over paper, glued to plain chipboard and cut with large die-cuts. I really liked how they turned out. Next class will be six pages featuring family. Then we will create a cover page..and something else, can't remember what exactly. The lettering is a mix, some it from die cuts, the "My town" and "My street" are a chocolate brown felt material.

The "My town" sheet is very nice, we cut five 4 X 4 sheets of speckled paper, scored each at 3/4 inches, folded then staggered the papers on the longer green paper, then placed different colored tags on the underside. A wallet sized photo would be attached to the tag portion, and notes added below.

Class was held at Cord Camera and the design layouts are Susan's.




















More cards to come.




Blessings!





Teresa

No comments: